Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Names


"Beloved What?"

"Virus", I said in a flat tone. "You know, like the flu?"

With that clarification, my father tossed a confused grin my way. I wasn't sure how to take it. If he had been a fourteen year old, I think his look would be saying, "Whatever..."

Our name is Beloved Virus and almost everyone who hears it has a reaction. Most of the reactions are unspoken, but when telling someone in person their face betrays their true feelings. It's actually quite comical. At least that's what I tell myself.

To pick the perfect name seems like such an easy task. However, if that were true why would there be volumes of books just to pick a baby's name? Does one really need 10,000 names in which to choose just one?

Fortunately, for our sanity sake, we did not need quite as many. We knew that our name needed to reflect our primary mission with our brand. To sum it all up, we want to cause a person to stop and think. We think our name does that, but we hope it does not stop there.

"Beloved" is defined as someone who is greatly loved. We understand that God called His son, Jesus, “Beloved” on several occasions. Christ’s edict was to share his idea of hope, forgiveness and love in all parts of the world. To make it spread like a Virus. When his message penetrates our hearts, it affects us from the inside out. That virus spreads into our view of ourselves, our words, and our actions.

I love our name, but more importantly, I love what it represents. True love can infect our souls and when we embrace it, it changes lives. Even our own.

Submitted by Paul Williams

2 comments:

  1. I love the name! Far too often, Christianity is presented as all daisies and butterflies, when in reality, it is thorns and nails. I like your idea of putting a stone in the shoe of the listener. Good for you - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete